Our History

1989-1995

Tepel Brothers Printing Company was started in 1989 in a Michigan garage by husband and wife team Jim and Harriet Tepel with brother Steve Tepel running the press. The operation soon moved to a 1,500 facility in Royal Oak, Michigan. The business grew, allowing the purchase of additional equipment and the hiring of production workers, which allowed Steve to become a sales rep, the position he still holds today. Jim continued to expand the client base causing the business to outgrow its space.



Our first press


Jim Tepel, 1989


Steve Tepel in the Royal Oak pressroom, 1989

1995-2001

Tepel Brothers moved to Anderson Road in Clawson, Michigan, where it once again outgrew its space. In 1998, the company added 5,500 square feet bringing the facility to 8,300 square feet.



1302 Anderson Road, Clawson, 1995


Building addition
 

2001-2007

As the number of employees and size of equipment increased, so did our need for more space. A 25,000 square foot facility was purchased in Troy, Michigan, at 1725 John R. where the main production facility exists today.



1725 John R, Troy, 2001


Addition and renovation 2007
 

2007-2012

In 2007, the facility was renovated adding an additional 20,000 square feet bringing the total to 45,000. And another Tepel was added, Willie, who joined the roster as mascot and full-time morale booster. During this time, we also added satellite sales offices in Chicago, Illinois, and Indianapolis, Indiana.



Willie Tepel 2010
   

2012-2016

The decision to add more fulfillment and warehousing facilities necessitated the purchase an additional 19,000 square feet of adjacent space. With more than 100 employees, 64,000+ square feet of manufacturing and office space.



1775 John R, Troy, 2012
     

2017

The Vomela Companies acquires Tepel Brothers Printing adding their specialized capabilities, such as customized packaging, lenticular printing, and print on plastics to The Vomela Companies network.